Saturday, September 25, 2010

Smokey Eye

For this smokey eye, I wanted to demonstrate that you can use color and still have a smokey look.
Eyes:  I used Aveda's Aqua Pearl shadow trio.  There is a yellow shade I used under the brow and a bright, bolder green I used for my green color.  To help the green shadow pop more, I used Aveda's black pencil liner smudged first before applying my shadow.  Aveda has a new shadow transformer that is a liquid you dip your brush into and it also allows for a brighter, bolder application of the colors you choose.  I lined the inside of both upper and lower lids w/ Aveda's black pencil and then applied Aveda's black Mosscara to both upper and lower lashes.  Brows are filled in w/ Aveda's angle brush and Aveda's earthen shadow.
Foundation:  I used Aveda's tinted moisturizer in Beechwood all over to help with a dewy look and to provide SPF 15.  Next I used Aveda's Inner Light mineral pressed powder in cream to help w/ the oily Tzone. The pressed powder is an oil absorbing powder w/ a slight shimmer.
Lips:  I chose a pale pink lip to keep the focus on the smokey eyes and to stay with the cool theme.  I used Aveda's Crushed Carob liner with the Aveda's grapefruit pulp lip shine over top.
Cheeks:  I wanted a really light cheek, but wanted to stay cool and pale pink to go with the flow of the lip.  I used Aveda's Plum Touch trio.  I used the two lightest colors only to keep the cheek pale and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment